Thursday, September 16, 2004

No Lucy, no Linus

Yes, clouds. I have been working on how to draw clouds lately. When I'm bored waiting at a cross-walk, they are the most beautiful, ubiqituous and changeable thing around to stare at. It's been particularly so here in Carolina this fall, you know, with the hurricanes.

And of course, we see THINGS in clouds. The proverbial rabbit, or dog. Why is it that it is in clouds, vegetables and planetary surfaces seem to be the places we spot things like profiles of Nixon?

Once my friend laughed and yawned at the same moment and the wrinkle in her chin was the spitting image of Meg Tilly. These things happen. Then again, there was a time some cirrus clouds an acquanitance told me looked exactly like the wiring diagram of a 1983 Sony Beta-max player. Hard to know what to make of that kind of observation.

The other day I looked up, and what did I see? Gander at the photo, I'll let you be the judge...



ps: the US postal service is releasing a new line of stamps, just announced: cloudscapes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home