Saturday, June 19, 2004

break the bottle, christen the ship!

Last late night I was driving from Raleigh with friends and BLOGS came up.

Y. was intrigued and E. is a fan, but dubious as having her own. I have always been a bit ambivalent to the idea for myself. Zooming down the blackness of interstate 40 West the internal dia/monologue went something like this:

"In some sense, web logs might be thought of as virtual "zines" of sorts (! exciting! speaks to the high school Fugazi devotee in me). But really, it isn't even anything close to a zine since it lacks the essential homemade tangibility......hm."

"What's more, friend, 1) You're more visual than textual, and 2) your writing hasn't much improved since first grade. a poem:


fish is good
fish is nice,
fish is even good
on rice.


This was my first piece of creative writing ever. I think it may be the zenith at that- accessible, unpretentious, short and evocative (warm bowl of rice! mmm...)

But then I realized I could do it for free. Granted, this is one of the WORST reasons to do anything. But I am curious. So I christen this blog of very small observations:
"the paper boat"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home